I need advice In last year in dire need ...

Asked by NicoK on 03-01-2018 12:24:24
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

I need advice 

In last year in dire need i went to Sun Finance and took a loan against my car for R9500.00. I have been paing it back every month but fell short in December and only made the payment now in January. I have alrady payd an amount of R17950.00 back to them and the remaining amount must be about R3000 to R4000. 

They have contact me to come and take my car away. I have asked them for a settle amount so i can pay it in one go. But i was told that my dept has been sold to CPL whitch i thing is part of Sun Finance and can only give me a settling amount once they have my car in there wherehouse (no explenation why) then only can i pay Sun Finance the amount they have agreed upon. 

I have told them that im not giving my car or the keys to anyone. I have also been at there offices in JHB this morning as per arangment with them. When i got there i was told that CPL will collect the car from me now and will let me know later what the settling amount is. 

My problem is once they have my car they are going to charge me what ever they want to get it back. I have not been served with any letters of collection of emails just phone call threting me that they are going to collect my car. 

What can i do? Need help urgently and dont have money to pay attorney fees. 

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.