Hi,Hope this email finds you well.I woul...

Asked by chadwickw on 12-05-2018 12:19:02
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00


Hope this email finds you well.

I would like some legal advice on guardianship and right I have as the father.

To break things down for you; we where we met in Dubai and was dating for a while till she fell pregnant. as the law in Dubai we have to be married in order for us to have the child in the country, as we didn't have time to do such we mutually agreed that she will move back home and I will support them.

in such arrangements, I have been supporting her and the baby with all needs buy paying for House, medical bills, medical aid, and making sure they have money to live on. 

we have had ups and downs while being apart and it has lead to the breakup. she is planning on given full guardianship to her MOM and won't allow me to be there for the child's birth and enc.

I would like to know what my rights are and what I can do as I will still be the one supporting them till she gives birth and thereafter.

Appreciate your help on this.


Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.