Good Day,9 days ago I paid R6700 to an a...

Asked by SesetuH on 22-08-2018 11:29:27
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 0.00

Good Day,

9 days ago I paid R6700 to an agency that offers placing South Africans in South Korea to teach English. After paying the enrolment fee, they were less prompt in their responses. Now, I am unsure about their legitimacy as a company. I know that they are registered, but I no longer want to work with them. In their terms and conditions they listed that they do not allow refunds under any circumstances. I was wondering if I am able to ask for a refund based on the unsatisfactory customer service and the time period (it has been less than 14 days). Nothing has happened logisticaly so I don't think the money has been put to use. Please may you advise me on how to handle getting a refund back (and if I am eligible to).

The real question here is: is it legal for this company to have a "no refund" policy without considering the circumstances of particualr sitautions. 

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.