Hi my name is Palesa Lekalakala. My son ...

Asked by Palenkie on 26-11-2018 16:56:31
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 450.00

Hi my name is Palesa Lekalakala. My son was injured recently at a private complex. A heavy metal which was already a harzard fell on him after he tried to touch it. N I confronted a maintenance officer who asked me what was my child doing in the first place and they showed me a disclaimer bord written they are not liable for any injury as a person entered their complex at own risk. So I made not more efforts of being in contact with the center manager as I did not know how to handle the issue.                                                                                                                                           My son suffered serious injuries and had to be operated. He was put on a wheel chair as he can't walk, just recently he is walking by crutches and has to go physiotherapy to be able to walk again. I can't find assistance cause every lawyer I present my story to is either not interested or asks me what if they complex owner is bankrupt. So my question is, can my son be compensated for his injuries and trauma he had to go through.?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.