Good morning I was wondering if you coul...

Asked by HelanieH on 06-02-2020 08:59:15
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal
Question value: R 300.00

Good morning I was wondering if you could give me some advice. I sold my vehicle private, the buyer came to inspect the car and he was happy with the vehicle, he took the vehicle and signed the change of ownership papers now he says there's a problem with the vehicle and he wants to bring it back, we think he messed around with the vehicle I would like to know what must I do now, what is my rights. 

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 09-02-2020 08:20:19

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

I assume that he has paid you in full for the vehicle? If so, then the vehicle is his. He doesn't have any rights to come back to you about the vehicle. It is his, warts and all. 

Tell him that you sold the vehicle vootstoets which means that you are not liable for any damages. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.