Hi, I opened a file regarding Care and C...

Asked by NatasjaS on 12-03-2020 22:32:11
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 0.00

Hi, I opened a file regarding Care and Contact with the Family Advocate in Worcester. Long story short, the ex husband managed to change my application to a request for primary care. The report after the lengthy investigation came back, the kids should stay with me and the Family Advocate made recommendations regarding care and contact. The ex doesn't agree to the recommendations. The court now has to decide to make the recommendations a court order or the ex must get his own social worker to investigate and to compile a counter report for submission to the court if he doesn't agree to the initial report. The Childrens Court in Somerset West however doesn't want to give me a court date. I have asked for an appointment with the magistrate to understand why they don't move onto the next step, but my emails remain unanswered and I don't get any feedback.

1.  How can I request for feedback 

2. Who do I approach next if the Magistarte doesn't want 5o afford me an appointment to discuss the reasons he is not giving me a court date

3. To who do I report it?

I don't have funds for a legal advisor. I had one and had to terminate his services due to affordability. The ex does have a legal advisor howeverbut neither of them have any intention so abode by the current court order. They just laugh at me and at the court order. He obviously has money.

Please advise on the 3 questions.  Much appreciated.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.