Dear Sir. I hereby wish to institute a c...

Asked by Johnpc123 on 15-03-2020 13:10:32
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Western Cape

Dear Sir. I hereby wish to institute a complaint against my current builder Mr Nash Hove with NHBRC certificate number 3000222031.Mr Hove gave quotation of R550,000 to complete my nutec dwelling.It has come under my attention that Mr. Hove wasn't working for the last three weeks on the project and there is no progress. Therefore I believe he is in breach of contract, after I (A loan from FIRST NATIONAL BANK) have paid him an amount of R540,000 (98%) to complete the project. After numerous attempts to get work done he only make promises, but now work. The project is standing still. I would like him to pay back an amount of R250,000 so that I can get someone else to complete the project. I have contacted the NHBRC twice, but no response from them. Please advise me on what to do. Many thanks. Kind regards John PC Smit 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.