good dayI am a tenantstudent who had an ...

Asked by khuliso on 25-04-2020 04:38:56
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

good day

I am a tenant/student who had an agreement with the landlord , contract between them and my bursary but it turns out money for my allowances won't be loaded anymore , the lease was for 10 month and now it is april ,the person who was responsible for paying will no longer be paying for may since she has received salary cuts as a result of no work during coronavirus pandemic, now the problem is i wanted to move out but they denied that and said my belongings won't leave as i had to do a 30 days notice, they won't allow me to stay another month without paying as they always cut out water for showering and access to my room if i don't pay rent on the 1st day of the month. I need to know what the law says about my situation , can I move out with my belongings without paying if i don't serve the 30 days notioce

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.