Good day, Before lockdown I was busy div...

Asked by ClaudiaK on 27-04-2020 10:47:58
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to North West
Question value: R 0.00

Good day, 

Before lockdown I was busy divorcing my husband, I need to know if i can get a deed of settlement drawn up and send it to my lawyer for fine tuning and then he can just issue it to my husband and revoke the summons that was supposed to be served but was not done as yet? Is there a quicker way to get this done, I am in a situation where he is not willingly contributing to the running of the household or supporting our children with groceries. I need to get this done asap, as I need to get permission apparently to also move from our house which he has told me to get  out of as it is part of his inheritance, although i have spent my inheritance on making massive improvements and extensions to.  what are my rights regarding that? Can i ask for him or his parents (as it is on their farm) for compensation for that?  He is unable to commit to an amount so that I can make a decision where I can move to with my children as I am employed by him currently, and he has also stated that he is going to get rid of me doing my part, and he is going to stop paying our houselady, that has been with us for 9 years, and he has not paid uif nor given her a contract.  Please help me, I dont want to act out of pure desperation but it almost feels as if i have no options here.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 28-04-2020 17:34:03

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You can't revoke the summons! You need that in order to get divorced. You need the signed settlement agreement and then your husband needs to consent to the divorce being granted. You will then need to appear in court before a Judge.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.