Hi,I would like to ask the following? a ...

Asked by heyns on 05-05-2020 12:58:53
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Free State
Question value: R 350.00


I would like to ask the following? a company supplies products to a client. the client implies that the company have over invoiced for some products and allegedly paid a client employee to help with that. the employee made a statement(under dures) to the affect admitting his involvement. He told the company about the arrangements and indicated that he received R 30 500 that is supposedly 40% of the moneys obtained. There is no way to prove that products have not been delivered, their is proof of the R30 500 paid to the employee by the company. The employee was dismissed and the client threatens that a fraud case will be opened if the amount of R150 000 is not paid with in a week. These allegation is based on the word of the fired employee and there is no actual evidence to prove something. What is the companies options?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.