I'm a past offender of driving without a...

Asked by MahlodiM on 19-05-2020 17:34:07
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Gauteng

I'm a past offender of driving without a license and  under the influence, and the same year got arrested again for the same offence and I'm due to appear in court end of June, and I saw the police statement and its incorrect of the whereabouts of the scene where he arrested me, so I'd like to know that can i use that to discredit his statement and he a history of not being well upstairs, he once appeared on the local paper seeking help, citing that he is being used as zombie..So can I discredit his credibility as a second time offender?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.