Hi, I purchased a property some time bac...

Asked by Riddhika on 12-06-2020 11:54:45
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal
Question value: R 0.00

Hi, I purchased a property some time back and the deed of sale was done between the seller and my wife and I, when we did the deed transfer we decided to transfer 50 percent to my brother and 50 percent to us, he hasn't put in any money to purchase the house but because hes my brother we did what we did only to realise its a mistake now, is there any way that it can be change or if not what is the chance of fighting legally for what we paid for and getting our property back in full ownership?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.