Asking for helpadvise for a family frien...

Asked by Johnson on 02-07-2020 15:20:46
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Mpumalanga
Question value: R 0.00

Asking for help/advise for a family friend.

So the friend was retrenched from work around the middle of the year 2019 and there after he got a temporary job with this particular company. At the end of the month November 2019 the company deposited money into his account and there were no issues until the month of July 2020, when the police came to him saying a case has been opened claiming that the salary he received at the end of November 2019 was not his and he should repay. And this is way after he had stopped working for this particular company for a few months.

What is he supposed to do because the money was rightfully his as he has worked for it? 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.