Good day, i just want to find out what i...

Asked by frikkie on 22-07-2020 20:48:40
Question posted in the National Credit Act Law category relating to Mpumalanga

Good day, i just want to find out what i can do! 

I was on debt review(thru debt rescue)from october 2013, the payment plan that they gave me for my debt  was ranging from 42 months to 59 months then all will be paid in full! I withdrawn feom them july 2018 due to my debt amount not getting much lower and then they told me tahat the paymemt plan was just an estimation and not an garantee! 

So i have arranged with creditors to pay them myself! All of them exept Capitec bank, they told me i am on debt review and the cant make arrangements with me! 

They did send me a settlement letter and i ask the, when i went on debt review the outstanding amount was R42 000, now after all these years you tell me i still owe you R35 000, they never came back to me! Since july 2018 i have paid up all my other accounts exept capitec, wich i did not pay due to them not wanting to make arrangements with me, even an attorney send them an letter that they want to see all payments made to them since that time, because there was another account with same amount and when i left debt rescue the outstanding amound was R4000! 

 now july 2020 they start sending me messeges that i am behind on my payments and that i owe them R60 000! 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.