Hi there..just need help with these comp...

Asked by Dane001 on 06-08-2020 10:27:31
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

Hi there..just need help with these computer credit services guys...they keep sending me letter of demand for services rendered when in fact they have never rendered any services. When searching online I keep seeing there name come up as a scam. I am not sure should I pay them or not as the amounts keep increasing and keep getting threatening emails and sms

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 15-08-2020 20:04:41

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Are you sure that they did not provide you with a service of applying for a loan?

If so, they can charge a fee which is agreed upon.

If you don't pay the fee, then they will charge you interest and sue you (letters of demand and a summons) to get their money. 

If they didn't provide you with any service, email them and tell them to get lost. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.