GreetingsI want to ask a question that i...

Asked by Ashley on 11-08-2020 04:05:49
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal


I want to ask a question that is quite bothering me for a long time now.

I arrested my dad for domestic violence and violation of a protection order a year ago. The court found him guilty and he applied for bail. 

I find that he wanted to balance everything out by getting a protection order against my mum for 4 times and was not granted.

Now he is stating I am raping my sister and sleeping with my mum,  but for a thought why would he not mention that in his protection order for the 4 times it wasn't grant. 

I want to ask what must I do to arrest him when he is attempting to open charges of rape

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 20-08-2020 01:04:10

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You can't get him arrested simply because he wants to open charges of rape. Opening a charge of rape is not a crime. Not unless it is proven to be false.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.