Good day to whom it may concern,Kindly n...

Asked by Samantha on 25-05-2024 22:29:05
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Western Cape

Good day to whom it may concern,

Kindly note I received a Maintenance Directive SMS. In March I made a complaint against my daughter's dad. Eventually he compromised to pay a R1000 a month and to buy any extras. As we are not in contact, I sent a msg to his mom to ask for the things my daughter needed at the time, but they refused to buy it and I left it at that. I didn't ask for anything again. The court advised that he should see her every 2 weeks, but he has not reached out to come see her yet. She is 4 months old, and for now he must come see her here as she is too small to go and visit. He doesn't want anything to do with her, as he forced and paid me to go for an abortion, but I left him after that. His mother however is now plotting to take my child, because they don't want to come see her at my house, after his mom said she wants nothing to do with the child and that she will be distancing herself. Any advice for me on this?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.