I hope the advice is free as I dont moni...

Asked by Jankie on 22-02-2021 18:47:47
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng

I hope the advice is free as I dont monies!!

My neighbour Helene (give a name) requested a face to face meeting with me two weeks ago to discuss the removal of my tree. I told her that I do not have monies, I am unemployed and thus cannot do nothing currently. I have tried to get a tree feller in November / December 2020 but they were charging me around R10 000 for one tree so I stopped the work on the removal as I didnt have that money. Now with being unemployed, no monies at all, R12 in my bank, no job, selling my house as I cannot make it anymore, and I told Helene this but Helene reported me to the Body Corporate...letter below - the wall that is currently being damaged by the tree is my OWN ALL THAT I HAD PUT UP in 2015 at my cost of R15 000. The tree is very sturdy and wont fall onto the neighbours house...

Dear Resident/Owner of Unit 5 Kirana.

It was  brought to our attention that the tree in your yard, near the boundary wall between your unit and unit 4, is creating a mess in the yard of Unit 4. We hereby request that you please attend to removal of the tree, as to avoid any further disputes within the estate.

Tree damage the boundary wall and maintenance on the boundary wall would be for your account.

If the tree fell and damages any property you will be liable as the Insurance will not cover that.

We trust that we can count on your co-operation in this regards

Many Thanks

can your team please advise please?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.