I never signd a Antinuptial contract, bu...

Asked by Natalie on 19-08-2020 15:52:31
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Gauteng

I never signd a Antinuptial contract, but I went to deeds office and got a copy, but their is no dates filled in nor the signature on it isn't mine? Then I went to legal practice council because the notary was struck of the roll of attorneys, then the power of attorney i have never met or give anybody a power of attorney over me? Trial is in September and stil they are saying I am married out of comminity of property without the accrule? This has taken 8 years how do i prove my Antinuptial contract is not valid? Or am I waiting my time? Please help as I do not have mutch left in me to fight this 8 years divorce?

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 20-08-2020 11:22:04

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

The notary signs the ANC on your behalf in terms of a power of attorney which you give the notary. It sounds like it is all legal to me. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.