i rented a car from my employer in 2019t...

Asked by MJ on 14-12-2022 13:46:18
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Eastern Cape

i rented a car from my employer in 2019

th guy new where his car was and i worked fir him since 2019 till 2022 april 

that i gave it to a mr siyobi for him to assist me with money back in 2020 because of covid bills just kept on pilling up 

i the loaned R50k from Mr siyobi 

while he held on the bakkie , what we did in order for him to have that money for me , we did a contract of sale to show his wife that he bought the car from me . 

Mr siyobi passed on in 2021 , when we he passed i started paying his wife R2000 every month so far from 2021 november till 2022 april i have paid them close to R23k

now my employer knew where the car was all these years 

but this year in april i started my own rental business then he went and opend a case of theft under false pretence on me 

we have have going to court on the metter since september of this and today the matter was transfered to regional court 

from megistrates court 

my lawyer just doesnt give me enough info on what to expect when we return on the 24th of januray 2023

i just need to know if this will stick because it is all false and i even got arrested for this and i feel as if the courts also dont know the true nature of the case 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.