My Ex partner whom I paid lobola has ope...

Asked by Titus on 29-08-2020 07:05:08
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

My Ex partner whom I paid lobola has opened a fraud case against me for changing the the ownership of the cars that I bought with my pension fund.

I changed the ownership of the cars back to my name without her signature but with her consent over the phone because at her workplace they were told that the law doesn't allow them to be involved in the public transport business.

And the reason why I registered the cars under her name was because we wanted to increase her affordability to apply for a home loan since she was could not qualify due to her commitments and salary. The agreement was that when we have secured a home loan I would change the cars back to my name. 

Now that we separated she wants me to come back to her and if not she threatened to open a fraud case against me which I refused and as a result she did. 

The cars are working in uber. 

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 31-08-2020 21:40:27

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Then you must contact the SAPS investigating officer and explain your story to him; that it was done with her specific agreement and there was a valid reason.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.