Good dayI am wife to a very physical and...

Asked by Sandy56 on 14-09-2020 09:56:01
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Western Cape

Good day

I am wife to a very physical and emotionally abusive husband for over 40 years already. I am afraid to leave due to my life being threatened when I tried to leave once before. I am almost 70 years old and my husband is now starving me and my grandson (3years old) to a point where we go without food most days. My daughter is battling to find work in this economic climate and i am at my wits end. He intimidates me when I ask him for money towards food in the house and when I buy food with the little money I have, then he eats it all up.

I'm desperate please tell me what I can do. I'm not multiple medication my high blood pressure, my heart and blood clots and i cant afford to go to bed hungry most parts of the month because of my fear to stand up for myself.

When i filed for divorce many years ago he threatened to burn the house down with me and my kids in it. Now, when I stand up for myself, he reminds me that he is not too old to discipline me with his fist.

I really need some help please. What can i do to get an interdict against him while I file for divorce 2nd time around?

Sandy York

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.