Hi there. I am 17 years old and Im I'm d...

Asked by Anonymous on 16-09-2020 08:46:36
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Hi there. I am 17 years old and Im I'm desperate need to move out my fathers how and live on my own. I am extremely independent and my father said he will assist me financially. Is it legal to live by myself at 17 with my fathers concent and financial help? I'm in a very very unhappy home please advice me, thanks you.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.