Good afternoon, may I please have assist...

Asked by Antonette on 05-10-2020 14:39:04
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Gauteng

Good afternoon, may I please have assistance regarding the following? I am being charged with theft and fraud and need some advice in how to handle the situation. I have been taking money that tenants pay their rent with and used it to support my family. Changed dates on contracts. I have already paid back R20 000.00 of the money taken which is approximately R200 000.00. I have great remorse and I will never do this again. I have a 3 year old little girl and I can't imagine her growing up without her mother. I have been trying to get loans and tried to borrow money to pay it back. The gave me 4 more days to come up with the money or I will be arrested. Please help me, I am desperate.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.