Good morningI run a small business, i ma...

Asked by Anonymous on 24-10-2020 12:35:38
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Gauteng

Good morning

I run a small business, i make appointments online for people who struggles to get a licence card renewal appointment.  I reffered some of my customer to a lady who contatec me and said she could assist by helping customers to sort out traffic fines.  I refere a quite a few customers to her wth sucess, but this last week i was called by 2 customers tating she stole their money.  I have never met this lady, i have no ties with her other than refering customers, my problem is the customers wants to open a crimal case against me, I have told both customers that they will have my full co orperation in what they decide to do.  please could you advise me on how to handle this, can i be implicated????

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 28-10-2020 10:51:00

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

They can't open a criminal case against you, because you didn't steal their money!

I assume that the customer paid their money directly to this lady? Tell the customers that they must contact the lady directly because you don't have any connection to her. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.