Hi Please could you assist me with what ...

Asked by DylanG on 28-10-2020 20:45:37
Question posted in the Insurance Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Hi Please could you assist me with what I find irregular about this summons, I was involved in a fender bender in 2017 only now 2020 I receive a summons that I must take action or appear in court and pay the cost of the damage which is the full amount they asking me to pay, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I'm just supposed to pay the insurance excess, also I have asked for the invoice of the work done and the invoice is not very informative it looks like it was made on MS Word and doesn't stipulate any breakdowns of cost or work carried out on the vehicle I would make arrangements to pay but only the excess of their insurance? And also am I allowed to dispute a invoice? I feel like they trying to scam me!

Regards any feedback appreciated 

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 29-10-2020 20:36:43

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

What was the date of the accident, and what was the date that the sheriff served the summons on you?

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.