Good morning I need some legal advice. I...

Asked by Shenaaz on 01-11-2020 11:01:53
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng

Good morning 

I need some legal advice. I got divorced 3 years ago - my ex husband and I own a house which he paid 450 000 cash deposit and I had to pay the bond balance of 560 000 monthly. After the divorce the house did not get sold so I'm still paying the bond. The house is currently being rented out and the rental is split equally between the 2 of us. My ex gets 6500 and the 6500 I get I pay the bond with it. Is this the correct way or am I being robbed blindly? 

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 02-11-2020 18:27:29

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

It sounds legit. He paid cash, you took a loan to pay your share. 

He gets half the rent, so do you. 

You just need to use your rental income to pay the loan back. i.e. the bond.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.