I was found guilty of private work at ci...

Asked by CarloV on 26-11-2020 23:39:41
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

I was found guilty of private work at city of capetown. The investigator couldn't link me to the adress where private work was done.the investigator and owner couldn't even say if the workwwas done on a weekday or weekend Theowner of the property said he never met me in person and he dont no me cause he deal with a different person who he pay the money into the 3rd person account that was investigated. The 3rd person aaid he paid the money into my account. O. His bank statement states only Carlo. No surname, phone number or bank account number on his statement. The investigator didn't ask me to present my bankstate. The question that the initiator ask me is how can I proof that I pay the money to the next person. The chairman ask me why I didn't give my bank statement to the investigator. I told the chairman no one ask for my bank statement and the investigator said that he didn't ask for it. The case was made in 2018 but only starting  2020 August and I was dismissed. Was there enough ground to dismissed me

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.