Good afternoon we are in need of some ad...

Asked by Marlon on 01-12-2020 18:20:49
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

Good afternoon we are in need of some advice,  MFC is threatening to repossess our vehicle because we are behind with our payments due to covid 19, we have made some payments but they demand the entire arrears amount by today or they will collect the vehicle.  We are in arrears with R3340 but we have paid R3000 in the past week.  What can we do? My contact number is 0711431689 & email ***BLOCKED-EMAIL-ADDRESS***

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 02-12-2020 13:25:38

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Do not let them repossess your vehicle. Don't hand back the keys. Let them get a court order.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.