Good Morning Ex partner and myself never...

Asked by Anonymous on 30-09-2014 10:12:30
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

Good Morning

Ex partner and myself (never married) have a joint bond account on a property in Brakpan Gauteng.
She paid 50% of the deposit.
I paid 50% deposit.
The bond has been deducted from my account since the property was purchased June 2011
Further loans had been made on my name to do renovations on the property, to which im am still paying.

The relationship ended 18 October 2013.
She moved to Amanzamtoti Kwazulu Natal 18 January 2014.
Im am still residing in the house and paying the bond with no help from her.
There have been negotiations, stating that I can refinace the house on my name.
1. The terms were that all the proceeds retained from the new bond will go into the house for renovations as to increase the value of the property.
2. She agreed to take payment once I sell the house after renovations have been concluded.
3. She has signed offer to purchase.

The new bond registration is already in motion.

The ex partner is now redemanding new terms to what was originally agreed to, and is with holding information from the bond attorneys untill her terms are met.

Please advise on what steps can be taken, or do i just give in to her new demands?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.