Hello, I recently got issued with a noti...

Asked by MandlaB on 30-12-2020 12:49:11
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Gauteng

Hello, I recently got issued with a notice to appear in court for contravening the curfew regulations.On the 28th of December, I was on my way home after attending a traditional ceremony at my wife's paternal place.As I enter my suburb a police van stopped me and started interrogating me about the curfew. There was an altercation which lead us to go to the police station where I got served the notice.

My question is what are my options regarding this matter?There is an admission of guilt fine of R3000 however it comes with a criminal record.Should I appear in court or pay the fine?

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 05-01-2021 23:35:14

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

I suppose the first question is, were you out after curfew? i.e. are you guilty of breaking the regulations?

The second question is, if you are guilty, do you still want to challenge it in court?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.