Good day . I am Elsie Ellis . I want to ...

Asked by Elsie on 03-01-2021 11:56:05
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day . I am Elsie Ellis . I want to devorce my abuseve husband . He thretens to kill me with a punga if he sees me with somebody els . He does not want to sign the devorce papers . I fear for my life he even threnens to set my car alight if he sees me anywere . Im so afraid . What can i do just to get devorced from him .? Please help

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 05-01-2021 23:26:26

Hi there, 

I am a practicing attorney based in South Africa and I will assist you with your question. Please feel free to ask as many follow up questions in order to clarify your question. If you have a new question, you must please open a new thread.

You need to apply, at your local Magistrate's Court, for a protection order against your abusive husband. That will give you the protection that you need. 

Att. Patrick

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.