Dear SirMadam. On the 24th of December w...

Asked by Thambimascot on 13-01-2021 16:03:12
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Dear Sir/Madam. 

On the 24th of December when got back from work I received a call from home that my son has passed away I had to rush home early in the morning of the 25th December fpf the preparation of the burial. I didn't get a chance to report at work that day as I was devastated by the death of my son .On the 27th of December I then asked the father of my son to call the office on my behalf to report for me,he then called the office and the management shouted at him and told him that I should have came to the office and sign before I could go home and the office was closed on the 25th of December. The management threatened to take me to the disciplinary hearing. They didn't give me a leave to bury my son and do preparations so now I am going back to work i don't know what will happen to me so I need your advice on this matter because I am still devastated and I am not mentally and emotionally fit to go back to work as I work with a lot of customers, please assist me. 

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Phumlile Ntombela

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.