Hi Zandi Vilakazi here, I've been in a r...

Asked by zandy-leeV on 01-02-2021 12:09:18
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

Hi Zandi Vilakazi here, I've been in a relationship with my partner for 10 years now . His married and promised to take me as his second wife but that never happened. We have a son together.He recently bought a house for us and the house is still under his company name even the car  he bought as well. His been verbally ,emotionally and physically abuse but I've never reported any cases to the police. Last year we had a fight and I lost my temper and assolted him. He then opened a case against me and got me arrested and layer a harassment case. His taken us out from the house and taken the car as well.  My case will be in court on the 23rd of March.  I want to know what rights and options do I have. He also recently had a meeting with my aunt and he says he still needs 2 more months . The terms and conditions were it's either my child goes stay with my aunt or he goes back to the house to stay with the nanny so he can attend school and I'll get my car back and pick my son up on Fridays

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.