My father in law recently passed on. A f...

Asked by [email protected] on 22-02-2021 13:45:45
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

My father in law recently passed on.  A few years ago he divorces and split his farm with my mother in law.  During the divorce proceedings he had to find somewhere to stay and purchased a home but used his brothers name as the purchaser.  He paid but the deed of sale has his brothers name on it.  On his death my sister in law has claimed that the house now belongs to her as she is the eldest legitimate daughter of my father in law.  She is now laying claim to the house in my uncles name.  she has also further lodged a complaint with legal counseling regarding the sale of the house as she believes that and the fact that my uncle did not deal with the lawyers during the sale but my father in only.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.