My name is Prudence Thobela on the 7th o...

Asked by prudencet on 10-03-2021 08:55:01
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Gauteng

My name is Prudence Thobela on the 7th of March 2021, it was Sunday I had an argument with my boyfriend and his girlfriend.  I ended in a fight because I was diffending myself from both of them.  When I came back home yeasterday I discovered that they have opend an assoult case against me. I went to the policestation they did  not charge me they said she should go to the hospital and they will charge me after. Now I am panicking. I also wanted to open a case against them.

What should I do? I do not want to go to jail.

Thank you

Prudence Thobela


Cell number: 0827824343

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 11-03-2021 20:06:56

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You must open an assault case against them as well, and make a statement to SAPS about how you were assaulted and how they started the fight. 

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.