My 16year old son was assaulted from a e...

Asked by SHANONB on 17-03-2021 13:42:33
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

My 16year old son was assaulted from a elder person who stays in our street.And he is also the grandfather of the girl my son were dating who is 13 years old. He hit him with a shambok thru his face on his back. I wanted to open a case but found out my son and this girl had sexs in last year so how do I proceed further with this matter cause I don't want my son to be charged with statutory rape but I also don't want this guy to get away with what he did to my son please I'm at a lost

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.