Good day .I entered into a 1year contrac...

Asked by Mathebe on 29-03-2021 14:00:08
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day .

I entered into a 1year contract  with my landlord.They have now purchased another house leading them to be currently in a double bond situation.They had a meeting with us to say if we want  we can continue with the bond payment and other costs involved such as services and maintenance of the house.We need a solid document binding both parties to this agreement as we are now in the 5rd month of this new arrangement.

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 31-03-2021 21:42:13

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

What you are looking for is a lease agreement setting out your obligations. Any lawyer should be able to assist you in drawing up a residential lease agreement. 

I can't refer you to a specific lawyer, but I can direct you to Find a South African Law Firm specialising in Leases, where you can find a list of qualified lawyers in your area who will be able to assist you further!

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.