Dear SirMadamI lost everything due to Co...

Asked by paulgerbfn on 10-04-2021 17:01:49
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to Free State

Dear Sir/Madam

I lost everything due to Covid-19.  I am in the process of being evicted from my apartment due to non-payment of my Rent.  (I will soon be homeless)

I do not deny the debt.  What I want to do is to launch a Fundraising over the Internet.  My question is this:

I want to include the Court Documents in my Fundraising Website to PROOF that my Fundraising is genuine and true.  I understood that Court Documents are PUBLIC and can be published on the Internet, specifically for the reason that I want to do it, that is, to try and RAISE FUNDS to pay the debt and to be able to rent a new apartment.

Is it true that Court documents are Public and that I can use it in my efforts to raise Funds ?  (The relevant documents can be submitted to you if needed)

Thank you very much



Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 12-04-2021 16:36:50

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Q: Is it true that Court documents are Public and that I can use it in my efforts to raise Funds? --> 100% true. You can publish them.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.