Good day My name is Adrillent Chiloane c...

Asked by Anonymous on 19-04-2021 16:40:37
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day 

My name is Adrillent Chiloane currently residing in Tembisa. i was married under customery marriage for 4 years and we seperated in 2017 arroud November. The marriage was not registered but i have all the document proving the marriage had existed.

when we seperated there was no agreement latter or anything to proove that we are indeed seperating, now i am in a relationship and i want to get married, so i want to know that the person i was married to wont come and claim anything im gonna accumulate with my partner, and if so how do i get to devorce customery marriage that was not registered becouse from what i have discovered in my research a customery does exist even if was not registered.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.