Good DayI want to know about divorce and...

Asked by Leandre on 12-02-2023 10:31:34
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Northern Cape

Good Day

I want to know about divorce and maintenance

I want to divorce, me and my wife are 40

2 minor children

Im a manager with a salary of R23000 per month, shes currently unemployed but is a qualified assistance nurse with a average salary of R15000 per month

I pay currently all the stuff at home, they are all on my medical and I pay my sons private school. 

My wife is very aggressive and I only stay at the rent home to take care of my children, but it starts to become unbearable. When  I buy food she take it to her sisters and friends and party with it.

Im currently studying on my own cost, last year LLB

It becomes very difficult for me and its for years now that Ive been treated very badly. 

On what defense can I go? to only take care of my minor children, because I never going to withdraw my financial obligations towards my children like in their school fees and medical and then Im also willing to pay a amount towards their food. But as per logica

Please assist, I cant take it anymore. I also know the Divorce Act and Maintenance Act, but in theory and need advise in practica/real life

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.