Hi good day.I had been served with summo...

Asked by Kenneth on 17-05-2021 11:47:07
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Hi good day.

I had been served with summons by the landlord's attorneys for municipality bills in arrears. There are amounts for 7 months. Out of those months there are receipts for payments being done to the municipality. 

I take if now that there are some false claims being made just so that I can be discredited. I want to defend this matter in the court of law and also charge the landlord for wrongdoing. I feel that any false monetary claims should lead to fraud at its highest.

Please check and advise accordingly as to what should I do in this matter as I am an unemployed person who is striving to earn a living.

Thank you 

Kenneth David



If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.