I approached 2 big companies called Pam ...

Asked by Zaundre on 25-06-2021 07:40:49
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Western Cape

I approached 2 big companies called Pam golding and Rawson properties as me and m husband were ready to purchase our first home for our kids.

Both companies referred us to a company called lucid to get a clearance certificate to obtain bond approval. 

Called company and they advised to pay 4500 to get bond within 7days. 

After numerous attempts we made a loan to obtain money and make payment. 

After payment was made I was told I mis understood and they will send me a automated letter of a 12 month plan to get credit score ready. 

I obtained transcripts and even with proof they refuse refund. I have received very ugly emails saying if I go to social media I will be sued. 

I was profiled as they do not do this to everyone. 

I don't have a rand in my bank out a week after payday because of my families expenses. I wanted this home not just for me but for my parents and my kids 

It's unethical. Please help 

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 28-06-2021 09:19:48

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

It sounds to me, if I'm being honest, that Lucid didn't explain their services to you properly. It sounds to me as if they promised you a loan within 7 days, but what they actually gave you was a 12 month plan to get your credit score in order. 

On their website, they say: "We provide Credit Reports with simple explanations and sound advice on how to improve your credit status so that you can qualify for credit more easily and grow your wealth."

I think that you signed up for the "sound advice on how to improve your credit status" option.

I think that you need to either go to social media and explain your story, or you need to sue them in the small claims court to get your money back.

I don't think that there is anything else that you can do, unfortunately.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.