Hi...im facing a divorce with my husband...

Asked by Anonymous on 13-07-2021 10:14:13
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Limpopo

Hi...im facing a divorce with my husband and i happen to find out he has created a trust account with his mother and sister and hide assests under his name

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 14-07-2021 16:47:51

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

If he has moved his assets into a trust in order to hide them, then a court can un-do that and make an order in relation to the assets.

BUT, if he established the trust ages ago, and purchased the assets in the name of the trust, then a court won't want to deal with the assets (it can... if you can convince it to) because the assets belong to a separate entity. i.e. the trust.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.