Please help in 2015 l got married and my...

Asked by Lelo on 27-07-2021 23:25:39
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Gauteng

Please help in 2015 l got married and my husband is from England  then that same year he left south Africa back to his country of origin that was July 2015 he was supposed to come back September the same year oky he kept lying to me that he will come but a year went by another one went by until l found out on Facebook he married another women from Jamaica its then l realized that l have been left so l decided to keep quite he then texted me in 2018 telling me he still loves me l asked him about his new wife he denied but cause l was then used to his lies l just told him l was done l want nothing to do with him l asked him to at least set me free from the marriage so l can move on he was just mumbling he never answered me so now l moved on my problem is that l cannot do anything as my status still say lam married to him all l want is divorce  uncontested divorce so l can have my life back we have no kids no joint to anything it was just a marriage with nothing .please help me lam 27 years and l need to settle my life like any other young women .my phone number is 0680271886 my name is Nompumelelo Nkomo email address ***BLOCKED-EMAIL-ADDRESS*** 

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 30-07-2021 11:06:32

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

Was he married to the Jamaican woman before you guys got married, or after?

Were you married in a civil ceremony? Or through a customary marriage?

You might need to apply for a divorce and ask the High Court for directions on how the summons must be served on him.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.