Good day,I wonder if you could possible ...

Asked by Jessica on 07-09-2021 09:58:14
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day,

I wonder if you could possible please give me some legal advice on a matter i have with Investments.

I invested money with Investec Bank LTD which they have grown for me on bitcoin., I had to pay for a MFI Verification, Withdrawal fee then told I need KYC Documents as they can't put the funds into my Luno account, Then I had to pay another withdrawal fee. 

I get told I need to now pay for a private key as all of a sudden they can't fund my Luno account, I must go through blockchain.

Can you give me maybe some advice on how I can proceed with this as i Have asked them to explain why know they change there story and can't fund my luno account.

They can never give me a straight answer or even explain why just that is how it works, I even showed them the mail that they say we will fund your luno account.

If it is possible to help me with legal advice on what I can do or if you can please help me get my funds out, I don't have the money to pay upfront for legal service but if we can get the money out from them then I really have no problem paying you for the services.

Thank you,

Jessica Edgecomb

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 10-09-2021 13:18:08

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE that you invested the money with Investec Bank?  I bank with Investec Bank, and as far as I am aware, they don't offer Bitcoin investment services...

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.