Hi. I want to know how do I go about get...

Asked by Sachin on 14-10-2021 13:45:50
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Hi. I want to know how do I go about getting back money that was borrowed from me. The person asked for it stating they need to pay it as they are owing tax and after pending funds will be released.  The amount in total was 15800, R1000 of it was given physically. R2000 deposited into the persons account and 12800 transferred via online banking. Its been a year now and I have went to ask the person for the money and also called them but they keep coming up with excuses. 

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 19-10-2021 10:42:00

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

You can go to the small claims court and issue the summons against the person from there. 

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.