Good DayI just want to find out what can...

Asked by Magie on 18-11-2021 12:40:50
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Good Day

I just want to find out what can I do about the situation I am currently in. My husband and I had our own apartments living seperatly, we unfortunately moved too fast in our relationship. Dec 2020 I moved in with him and I ended up selling litteraly all my belongings because he wanted to keep his things and there wasnt space for my things to be stored. We got married 5 months after I moved in on May 21 2021. We are married now for 5 months and things are not working out at all. I cant move out because I dont have any furniture etc and we are both binded by a rental contract. He said he will move out and leave me with the monthly rent that I cant afford on my salary alone, nor am I able to live in an empty flat if he takes his possesions. We are married in community of property. What can I do?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.