Hi there so we are paying weekle rent . ...

Asked by PI on 31-12-2021 14:04:22
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Hi there so we are paying weekle rent . Set amount for 1 month is R7000 . Ok so there are some months that has 5 weeks and we have been paying every week on time in full . So when its 5 weeks we pay R8750 witch is R1750 more than the rent . I dont think that its fear to pay over the se amount in the contract so how do i go forward on this . Do i explain to the landlord and ask for a refund or what thanks P I 

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Andrew on 07-01-2022 13:20:55

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

It really does depend on whether the agreement is that you pay R7000 per month, broken up into weekly payments, or if the agreement is that you must pay R1750 per week.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.