Good Morning to you I hope you are able ...

Asked by Pauline on 26-01-2022 10:08:18
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Good Morning to you 

I hope you are able to assist me please. I keep receiving threatening emails from a company Compucredit, which is a debt collecting company telling me that I owe them R2650.00 for a loan which I applied for online.  I have never received any loan, they told me that they sent a messenger of court to attach my goods.  I keep asking for an invoice and proof of the loan, but they refuse to send this to me.  

Kindly advise what i should do.



Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 06-02-2022 22:55:33

Hi there Pauline,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

Ask them to give you a copy of the summons, and a copy of the default judgment, and tell them that you want to see these documents to give to your lawyer. I doubt that they have sent any sheriff, because I doubt that they even took the matter to court.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.